Everyday when Landon gets home, the first thing the boys reach for is his hat. Often even before a hug and kiss, they're grabbing for the hat to put on their own heads - Kyle especially.
For my non-military friends, two bars are for the rank of Captain. It goes like this for the officers: Lieutenant, Captain, Major, Lieutenant Colonel, Colonel, then General. Hmm...maybe I should do a whole post about military culture and what those symbols and names mean. Before I knew Landon and he joined the Air Force, I thought a captain and a private were pretty much the same thing...boy howdy, did I get an education!
| Captain Grant |
Kyle has developed an affinity for graham crackers like his older brother. You get one out for Grant, so must you get one for Kyle. This is precisely what his shirt looks like by the end of most days. Lucky for you, Kyle, you aren't in the military. Getting graham cracker residue all over your *ABU (air battle uniform) is highly frowned upon.
*in the Air Force, they are now called ABUs - they used to
be called BDUs (battle dress unifrom)...and now
you can sleep tonight knowing that...








Oh. my. heart.
ReplyDeleteKaty, that photo of Granty just melts my ♥. And Kyle? My goodness, Friend, you're going to have a couple of heartbreakers on your hands!
How cute! Daddy coming home is the best part of the day!!
ReplyDeleteI nominated you for a blogging award, stop by to pick it up!
that is too cute!
ReplyDeleteFirst comment here-- found your blog a while back.. not sure where from though. Anyways-- you have a beautiful family!
ReplyDeleteI have two girls, a year apart, and we're potty training the oldest, Ava. So when she goes pee-pee or poop in the potty, she gets M&Ms. Well, now Emma has to get her M&Ms too- for what.. I'm not sure. :) But now after Ava gets hers, she says "Emma MMs."