But the proof that she was here were the things we created. First, a fabric birthday banner for my sister in law. Her birthday is coming up very soon and she specifically requested a banner. I came this close to keeping it for myself.
Can I take a moment to express some love for my new pincushion? It's chubby and circular with a giant red flower on top and makes me smile whenever I open my sewing box.
Not nearly as difficult as I thought it would be - probably the most intensive part of it was sewing a zig-zag stitch around each letter. I almost choose to just adhere with only the iron adhesive, but once I was done with that zig-zag stitch I realized it was totally worth it - more secure and much more finished looking.
Now, you should see my 'Favorites' folder in my internet browser. It's subdivided and organized by Food, Crafts & Home Decor, Projects to Make, and others. I have dozens of recipes under the Food category saved away and this is one of them: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake.
About 87% of the links to recipes I have on that list have the words peanut butter in them. I have a wee bit of thing for peanut butter. Obviously. It was heavenly though much more like a giant cookie than a cake but I'm certainly not complaining.
See? These are three of the numerous pictures I took of this cake (more than I'd care to admit) but somehow my hands never found the camera when Grandma cuddled Kyle or was putting together a puzzle with Grant.
With some homemade ice cream on top, it was a lovely Sunday night treat. And for mom's next visit I'm sure to get pictures of actual people because we will be on our cruise! But who am I kidding - there will be certainly be pictures of the food too.








No comments:
Post a Comment