Tuesday is my new favorite day of the week. That's the day Sara comes to our house for the afternoon and - not to be dramatic or anything - saves my life and my sanity. For one afternoon every week, I get help with the boys, help with the house, and even a little babysitting for quick errands. I recommend every mother of young children to hire themselves a Sara, but you're going to have to find your own - you can't have mine. I take her home with the house looking like this:
...tidied up
...restocked
...even the toys strategically placed for our viewing pleasure.
She's so good with the boys, so sweet, helpful, and nice to talk with. She's been coming over for about 6 months now, though I really should have thought about doing this the first six months after Kyle was born when my brain was still trying to cope with the fact that there were TWO in the house. But lesson learned - next time we add a child to the house, I'm finding myself another Sara pronto (since, unfortunately, I don't think her parents would approve of her moving with us).
I'm so glad it's Tuesday.








i need a sara! i could really see me hiring someone the next time i'm pregnant. it was tiring enough being pregnant and chasing around 1 kid - i can imagine it will be harder chasing 2 around.
ReplyDeleteMy mom had a "Becky" when my brother and I were younger. She used to take us outside and run us around like crazy people. Mom could clean the bathroom, take a nap, make dinner, anything! My brother and I thought it was great because we had Becky's undivided attention, and my mom loved the quiet time. When I have kids, a Sara/Becky is a must!
ReplyDeleteThere's nothing like a Sara!!!! Lucky you to have her:)
ReplyDeleteBTW, what a CUTE room:)
Um, yes please. I'll take a Sara! Though, I'm actually thinking about sending Noah to Mother's Day Out at our church in the fall... for the social and learning time. But also for a break time for me. Maybe I'll need to get a Sara for Ellie while Noah is at MDO! ;)
ReplyDelete