7.14.2010

celebrating my 28th year of life



On the glorious occasion that was my birthday, I was lucky to have my mom in town. She flew in the day before to not only spend time with me, but help with Mr. K's birthday party at the end of the week. And for the first time in years, I had a homemade birthday cake - because I draw the line at baking my own birthday cake people.

Two words - one sound effect:
Red Velvet...aahhh.


In addition to a cake that had me salivating, mom also gifted me the sweet little table runner you see sitting underneath the cake.

Gorgeous. And appreciated.

But back to the day's events....received lovely messages via mail, email, and Facebook, Amanda took me to lunch at Rex's (my favorite), then in another rare occurrence: Landon and I went on a date! At DISNEYLAND. Can't even begin to describe what it's like to walk around Disneyland with nary a bag to hold, snack to fetch, or child to load/unload. Sure, Disneyland is one of my favorite places to take the boys, but I challenge anyone to say that you can only have fun if you have kids with you (or if they are "old enough to remember"). Sorry to admit this, but I have as much fun (if not possibly, maybe even more) without the kids.


Long story short: Disneyland was great.

Because of our perusing of Disneyland on the 22nd, I got to extend the birthday. I've learned to take that when you can get it. The next night we finally dived into the cake and opened presents. You know, the usual birthday stuff.

Fantastic little Flip camera. My new best friend.

Tetris for my phone. Clever gift, Landon.

And if you are thinking I'm totally spoiled, this will put you over the edge: Landon is sending my mom and I on a 3-day cruise to Mexico. I've been on this particular cruise before (with Landon for our 5th anniversary) but Mom has never been. So Happy Birthday to Mom as well!

We embark in November and this duet cruise has turned into a girls cruise - both my sisters will be joining us. I can't say I never get to do anything fun.

(maybe I can say that when we move and I'm stuck in some place with no cruise ports, Hollywood premiere events, and absolutely no Disneyland)

4 comments:

  1. Well, happy birthday to YOU!!! You're a mom, you can't be spoiled, instead we say HARD EARNED & WELL DESERVED!! Sounds like you had a fabulous time!! You got yourself a sweet mom and a real good guy there!! Enjoy that "GIRLS" cruise......ummmm, I'm sure you will:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ♥ that table runner! ♥ ♥ ♥ .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! The first couple pictures of the cake are so good! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH. MY. I love love ♥ love that table runner. And the cake looks SO yummy too.

    Ben and I went to DL together for our third anniversary... before Noah was even a twinkle-in-our-eyes. It was a total blast!

    And, for your sake, I'm hoping you don't end up in an Abilene like me! Is Landon on the VML?

    ReplyDelete