5.11.2010

ten on tuesday 5/11

1. The Indiana Jones movies are some of my favorites. Tell me you don't feel adventurous when that theme begins 'dum, dum, DUM....dum, dum, dum...'.

2. At the age of 10 months and 1 1/2 weeks, Kyle has now decided he wants to use a spoon himself. When I feed him, he bites the spoon and grabs onto it to get it away from me, then tries to put the food from his bowl on the spoon, and stick it in his mouth.

3. I realized recently how much I love food photography. Give me some natural light and yummy looking food and I'll take dozens of pictures of it. I found a blog of someone who worked professionally in food photography and I was in heaven...maybe when I grow up I'll do that too!

4. When asked my age, I always pause because I kind of forget. I want to say something around 26, but then I do the math and remember I'm almost 28. I also tend to assume everyone is my same age and then I'm shocked to learn they are actually a few years younger or older.

5. Some ways G & K are alike: both quickly fall asleep in the car, both love to play in the little corner between the couches.

6. How G & K are different: we have to do a song and dance to get Grant to eat sometimes (except for graham crackers of course), but Kyle will eat anything without hesitation.

7. I ♥ that I've discovered the ♥ symbol.

8. I enjoyed creative writing as a child, but high school essay and paper writing beat that out of me. Through this blog, I've rediscovered my love of writing.

9. Just because I didn't like writing in high school, doesn't mean I wasn't good at it. I hit word counts with no problem because I could blather elegantly for paragraphs even if I had very little actual knowledge of the topic.

10. Set your DVR's...Landon and I are going to a show taping tomorrow. You might have heard of it...it's a little show called American Idol. My friend Kelly and her husband got tickets and invited us to go with them! Watch for a crazy girl in a black dress rushing the stage when Bon Jovi performs.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! You are so lucky! I'll be watching for you tomorrow on American Idol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so going to set the DVR right now....

    Have fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete