3.01.2010

pictures & words









This is basically what we do when Daddy is gone and we know we should be doing other important tasks, but we just don't want to.

Kyle's up on all fours and crawls faster than the speed of light - at least that's what it feels like when I put him in a different room to keep him out of the stuff he was in and he crawls right back before I know it.

And, oh yeah...Grant's walking up stairs all by himself.

He holds on to the rail, yes, but he's doing it all by himself. I've learned that how long it takes him to do something in no way diminishes how happy I am when he finally accomplishes it. I need to get a picture of this!

* * *

I've recently become a dedicated reader of this woman's pictures and words (aka a blog). A friend pointed me in the direction of her blog and I'm terribly in love with precious new baby daughter. You see, this woman had a fairly popular blog before the birth of her 2nd daughter a few weeks ago, but since discovering after she gave birth that the sweet newborn had Down syndrome, her story has been spreading. Parents like myself can't help but be drawn to the stories of others who have been down the road we've trod or who are just getting started.

Her birth story experience isn't exactly the same as ours (for one, her daughter didn't require any extended stay in the hospital), but I read her account with tears streaming down my face as she related - - in almost perfect word-for-word fashion - - the exact thoughts and emotions we had three years ago. I've yet to write down (here or anywhere) the exact, raw story of his arrival. Until I do, she mirrors it pretty darn close.


She's a wonderful writer and the beautiful pictures of her girls are amazing. Little Nella reminds me so much of Grant at that time - - the calm disposition, the pondering eyes, and even the cutest little pout. Makes my heart hurt that Grant isn't that little anymore. It's an honest, beautiful account of this unexpected occurrence in their life-one that I can relate to well and one that I enjoy reading.

2 comments:

  1. Katy. I seriously almost sent you the link to her blog a while back. She uses FF and some of the girls were talking about her story. I just cried. And I just knew that it was a perfect way to say how you must have felt too.

    I miss you Friend. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting her blog Katy. It was such a beautiful and absolute real story. There are no words to even express how it made me feel... but thanks, again, for posting. <3

    ReplyDelete