I spend a good deal of time reading blogs (more time than I'd care to disclose..)
*Friend/family blogs: love to spy catch-up on what others are doing
*Food blogs: I'm a wannabe foodie, emphasis on the 'wannabe'
*Photography blogs: can't you tell by my mad skills?
*Photography blogs: can't you tell by my mad skills?
*Craft blogs: actually, these are my favorite. In my mind I'm very crafty, though my home doesn't necessarily reflect that - even to say 'jack of all trades' is a bit generous. But craft blogs tend to do lots of giveaways - I love me some free stuff.
In light of this blog explosion, it's tempting to think that being a mommy blogger isn't as important or that I'm just a mommy blogger. The fact that I write about and post pictures of the boys 96.7% of the time is indicative of my life and world right now. However, I also like to try interjecting more of myself in there once and while. I envision having other sections of this blog where I can post favorite recipes, projects I'm working on (or failing at). I let you know when that actually happens.
Until then, the following are some recent Mommyisms I've had jumbling through my brain:
#1: the days are long, but the months & years are short.
I do well with the day, the kids, and myself until about 4 p.m. when everything falls apart. My patience and love vanish. Then the minutes creep by until the welcome relief of bedtime. Once they are settled in nicely for their sweet dreams, looking sweet and perfect and angelic, I realize yet another day has left us - and day I will never get back - and I vow to not go crazy tomorrow. I wish I could realize in those hectic moments that these long days are what make up the quickly-passing months that I curse for their quickness.
#2: Love for your children is a matter of multiplication, not division.
As I awaited my firstborn, I knew I would love him. I didn't doubt my ability to completely love that tiny person. The struggles we encountered with him only added to the depth of that love (in a way I wish I could have foreseen! holy moly did we fall hard when we fell in love with Mr. G!)
So I was mildly nervous over my ability to love this second born. I knew I'd love him - sure - but come on! Not as much as Grant! He's Grant for crying out loud. I anticipated I'd love Mr. K 99.9% as much as I loved Grant and I hoped for the best.
But was I ever wrong! I love this chubby Landon-clone in every way possible. I think he's just as awesome and amazing as Grant. It's been the greatest miracle of motherhood to realize that your heart has such never-ending room for love.
Grant is my favorite.
Kyle is my favorite too.








I love your first and your second born and I miss their cuteness soo sooo much! I also love Kyle's PJ's ;-)
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your 'mommyims'. :) How true! And though I need to do better, it's good to know that other good moms run out of steam by 4 p.m, too.
ReplyDeleteAs if you NEEDED more craft blogs to follow, I just came across a couple you might like, if you haven't already seen them.
makeitandloveit.blogspot.com
sistersstuff.blogspot.com