I refuse to believe it's December - and - only about a week until Christmas.
Normally I have my Christmas cards ready to go by December 1st. The decorations and the tree are out not long after that and I'm chomping at the bit to wrap presents (I love wrapping presents). By the second week of December - I'm practically done.
Oh, no.
Not this year.
We did put the tree up on Monday, but many things have fallen by the wayside. I believe there is some sort of mathematical equation that could explain why I find it so difficult to function on even the most basic level. Something like:
The number of children
_________________
ages in months x the inverse of whatever number of brain cells I have left
Whatever it is, something about having a 5 month old and a 3 year old doesn't seem to translate well into Christmas preparedness. At least not the way I've done it in Christmases past.
But hooray for us - here's the tree:
(I love the way the lights reflect in the mirrors & pictures on the wall)
Basically, my favorite ornament ever - made when Grant was our tiny boy. Notice the imprint of his Simean crease? Love it. Forget what a Simean crease is? Check here.
So while I haven't been spectacular in very many things this season, I've been trying to create some special memories for Grant & Kyle: walks to see Christmas lights on base, taking treats to friends, and watching movies.
first time making these...yummy
(he's yummy too)
in conclusion...
A Note - to - Self:
*All crafty presents must be started before December 1st...on penalty of death
*October & November will be spent making freezer meals for December (because I suppose Andes Mint Cookies don't qualify as dinner)
*keep it simple & enjoy the little traditions - my kidlets won't remember or even care about each present, but they will remember the traditions & time together during the holidays
*and...hire a live-in nanny.








No comments:
Post a Comment