My mom just left us after staying for a second visit (the first was for a week right after Kyle was born). Between Landon's mom staying with almost the entire month before baby was born and my mom's visits now I've enjoyed the help that comes with an extra pair of hands. And it's not just the help I enjoy, but the companionship as well. I love Grant and all, but he just doesn't feel like chatting about decorating ideas, the latest episode of a favorite show, or what new hairstyle/color I should try out. Being surrounded by 3 males in the house, I suppose that means I may never have someone to talk about that stuff with anyway.
I've been sick almost every weekend since the baby was born and if I don't feel bad this weekend, that would finally make 2 weekends in a row without incident! Times like these I wish we lived closer to family. But living farther away does make the time we do get together that much more important and fun. Despite feeling a tad lonely without family, I really can't complain. As I'vebragged mentioned before - Grant is a silly, fun, good, little boy and Kyle is so far proving to be an incredibly sweet and easy-going baby (the only thing - - he gets quite mad when you delay his access to food...you've been warned...).
I've been sick almost every weekend since the baby was born and if I don't feel bad this weekend, that would finally make 2 weekends in a row without incident! Times like these I wish we lived closer to family. But living farther away does make the time we do get together that much more important and fun. Despite feeling a tad lonely without family, I really can't complain. As I've
(6.18.09)
(6.30.09)
(7.09)
Come back soon Grandmas! We'll try not to put you to work too much...it's entirely too much fun for the kiddos and the parents when you're here!
(oh, and this has nothing to do with the whole grandma schpeal...just an undeniably funny picture)
(and, seriously, where are the pictures of me? I promise I really do, in fact, exist)








Your little guys are adorable! How nice to have so much help for so long...isn't it crazy how much work comes with adding one tiny person to your family?? Thank goodness for grandmas!
ReplyDelete