Everything in this room used to be in a different area. After painting we did a little rearranging. I think my favorite new thing about the room is actually having the glider and bookshelf next to each other - which makes for much easier story time. There aren't a ton of things on the wall, but most of it I created myself. Between the fantastic deal I found on the bedding at Target (including using the hem of an extra crib skirt & adding the brown material to make valances) and some handcrafted touches, this room was quite economical. One of those handmade items is the framed letters above the crib...I'll show it soon when I'm sure that will be NB's name (believe it or not, even with it on the wall, I still don't feel committed just yet!)
here...maybe now that's a better shot of the canvas art (and is just me, or is the blue on the walls quite different in different light?)
Here's another close up - this is above the glider and bookshelf - and they are baby pictures of Landon and myself when we were each about 6 months old. Another idea shamelessly stolen from another person's room I saw online. I love looking at these reminders that we were small & helpless once too (besides, Landon was such a cute, chunky baby and I have a feeling NB will follow after him!).
We plan to have the new guy in our room in a bassinet for a few months, so until he moves into his room officially, Grant is keeping this crib warm for him. Then Grant makes the move into his new big boy room. That room is painted...but not finished. And it's probably not going to happen for a little bit of time now...phew - I'm done for the moment.
Okay little guy - - I think we're ready for you!








LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!
ReplyDeleteDITTO LACEY!!!
ReplyDeleteIt's perfect!! :)
So, So cute! Makes me want a little guy...later...not now...:) I'll be watching for the big news--hope all goes well!!! Love ya. :)
ReplyDeleteoooh! How exciting! And what a cute room! You inspire me to be more creative!!
ReplyDeleteLOVE IT TOO. You did such a great job, and what a great idea to do baby pictures.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see what this cute baby looks like.
This is so adorable and you have officially convinced me that I have to give the baby's room an overhaul before he is born (not anytime soon since I'm not pregnant but I figure I can't plan ahead too far) instead of just sticking him in the boring office like I originally considered.
ReplyDeleteIt's all SOOO cuty katy. I love it.
HI Katy!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the camera advice! I went with the less expensive body and invested in a nicer lense.
Good luck in the final week of your pregnancy! I hope all goes well (and easy!) with your labor! The room is adorable!
Canela
You have got serious skills. Looks Great!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful room! :) Best of luck with the birth of this new blessing! :)
ReplyDelete