5.05.2009

He's three & he doesn't care who knows it


Yes, Grant's been 3 for bit of time now and thanks to this completely adorable shirt made by Samantha, everyone now knows it. His language has been quite delayed (as we expected it would be) but I'm happy now to officially declare that I think he's saying a word or two!!

My little boy - on his way to real talking! He's been babbling and doing all sorts of sounds for awhile and I've been waiting for the time when I could actually consider something he said to be purposeful verbal communication (i.e. a word). He's been saying 'dadadada' for a long time, but never to or referring to Landon, but now he does - it's a clearer 'dada'. He's figured out the 'n' sound and while he can't clearly say 'no' yet, he's definitely makes a 'nuh' sound while shaking his head to let me know he doesn't want something. And he kind of says 'ya' for 'yes'. It's all very exciting.

Three is proving to be quite the magical (and tiring, sometimes frustrating, but ultimately wonderful...) age.


(sometimes it's hard to just post one picture when five pictures of the very same thing will do it much better justice)

3 comments:

  1. Grant is such an adorable youngster!!I think you could post many more pictures and I could not tire from them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Katy! And I am so happy he is doing so well! Also I love the foot ultrasound picture--I can't wait to see the little guy when he is born!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Granty - you are so grown up Buddy!!

    And I concur... one picture is never enough. :)

    ReplyDelete