2.23.2009

Good 'Ol Disneyland

I think I'd have to go to Disneyland maybe ten times in a year before I'd get a little sick of going - we've been more in the past five years than I went my entire first 20 years. I like having the season passes for times like this when family comes and want to do the whole Disneyland thing.

Day One: Disneyland - because of my current state there are a few rides I can't go on, but anything Grant can ride I too can ride - and there are a surprising amount of fun rides the whole family can do. On all the trips Landon and I have done before Grant, we didn't take time to do some of the more iconoclastic 'little' kid rides (like Dumbo), so this was my first time on it. The Buzz Lightyear ride with the radar guns you shoot along the way was a favorite of the girls and Grant.

Day Two: California Adventures - we were Landon-less for this day because he had to work. California Adventures has more adult rides but also a ton more little kid stuff that I thought was really fun. Soarin' over CA is the best ride there - a must if you visit this park. There are also a lot of shows to see - we did the Playhouse Disney show and Grant absolutely loved it. Everyone sits on the floor in front of the stage and he insisted on standing with the rest of the kids - I'd help him stand, then he'd push my hands away to stand alone for a good 20 seconds or so! He clapped his hands and yelled when the other kids yelled - it was so fun to see him get into the excitement of it all.

Also today we ate at Ariel's Grotto - holy pricey place to eat, but all the princesses come around to each table and pose for pictures. This was a must for Alyssa & Emma who are big Disney Princess fans. Then at night, the Fantasmic show in Frontier Land...Disney sure puts on one fabulous show.

Day Three: More Disneyland - It's really nice to have two days to explore Disneyland (especially if you are going with kids and don't plan to do a marathon day like we did before Grant) so today we rode things that we didn't get to the other day. My favorite of the day was Pirates of the Caribbean. Took the little kids on the Teacups and posed for a few more pictures amongst other things that day.

I certainly took quite a number of pictures, but not as many as I normally would have had this been a rare trip to Disneyland. It's kind of nice to just enjoy ourselves without worrying too much about getting those once-in-a-lifetime pictures because, hey, this isn't the first time we've been there with Grant and it won't be the last.

Day One: the first ride - the Tram from the parking garage

the Sword in the Stone

Dumbo ride

with Jennifer shooting radar guns on our ride - she took time to take pictures (as you can see above) and still got more points than me...normally you have to buy the surprise picture they take of you on a ride, but on this one, you pull it up on a kiosk and email it to yourself for free!

***

Day Two: one of my new favorite pictures of Grant

Snow White

Belle

Sleeping Beauty

and of course, Cinderella. I couldn't keep these princesses away from Grant if I tried. He's a princess magnet.

***

Day Three: Grandma, Grant, & Winnie

Tinkerbell, Grant, & the girls

on the steamboat in Frontierland

Alrighty, now I just have another 3 months or so of being able to visit before summer and/or before the baby. I'm a serious Disneyland lover - and I love having season passes!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE Disneyland! I've only been once, but honestly, I could live there. Fun pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun! I'm going to have to call you- We are going on Thursday, and probably Friday and/or Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Passes are totally the way to go! We would go just to people watch, go on a few rides, have dinner and go home! The best date nights!

    Grant is such a little heart breaker! What a sweet smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi guys!!! I enjoy looking at your blog and I do it quite a bit. Katy puts us all to shame with how well she does it! I'm so proud of Grant walking and I can't believe he is going to be 3!!! Maybe Katy can come do my food storage, that's probably the only way I would go beyond boxes under the bed!!
    Can't wait to meet the new baby!!
    I love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete