9.04.2008

What the 'R' in RNC really stands for...

...rocked! I've been watching most of the Republican National Convention and tonight...it was awesome. Listening to the speakers, I remembered why I vote the way I do. Like most people watching, I was especially interested in the address by the VP nominee, Sarah Palin. I thought the other speakers spoke well against the attacks that she doesn't have enough experience and I thought she did a great job defending herself and letting everyone know what she is all about. Here's my one of my favorite parts from her speech-the part that speaks near & dear to my heart:

"In April, my husband Todd and I welcomed our littlest one into the world, a perfectly beautiful baby boy named Trig. From the inside, no family ever seems typical.
That's how it is with us.
Our family has the same ups and downs as any other ... the same challenges and the same joys.
Sometimes even the greatest joys bring challenge.
And children with special needs inspire a special love.
To the families of special-needs children all across this country, I have a message: For years, you sought to make America a more welcoming place for your sons and daughters.
I pledge to you that if we are elected, you will have a friend and advocate in the White House."

Grant and I clapped our hands in response (Grant needs any excuse to clap - he loves applause!)
This was a big speech and she had a lot to prove to the party and to her critics. I think she really came out fighting.

6 comments:

  1. I really like her too! I was really impressed with her speach and I love what she stands for. I was glad when they tried to compare her to Hilary and found that she was nothing like her! Yes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. McCain/Palin '08!!! I can't wait!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, think that she has a lot to offer. The first thought that I had was that she is just a typical, all American household member; one that has drama, trials, and an amazing sense of humor. Her speech was funny, inspiring, and a little biting. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't get to see it {we still haven't hooked up the cable yet here!!}, but I've been reading all about it - I just love her too! And yay for a "friend and {an} advocate"!! We've already registered to vote here and I SERIOUSLY cannot wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought of you and your beautiful family during Palin's speech. So glad to see that you are doing well! And yes....PALIN ROCKS! :)

    ReplyDelete