9.02.2008

Labor Day Weekend

Four day weekends are always nice. We get four days of Landon/Daddy time and I can tell Grant loves it. Friday: Landon played golf and I scrapbooked with friends at night. Saturday: birthday party in the morning then watched BYU football with Bailey's. Sunday: church.
This is what we did today - Labor Day and 1st day of September:

I worked on and finished my Larry album in the morning. Grant played well by himself like such a good boy - which actually means he got into everything he get his hands on and made some huge messes, but he was happy and that's all I needed! Not 100% done, but close enough-here are just a few pages in this 6x6 album.The three of us went to the pool - which we thought would be so packed because of the holiday, but actually it wasn't at all. We played in the little kid pool then all splashed around in the big pool.

he's starting to feed his Nutrigrain bars to himself


And since no one I know has done something so evil & terrible that they deserve to see me in a swimsuit, there are no pictures of me in a swimsuit, but to prove I was here you get my feet.

We rented some movies and watched those together this afternoon, then Landon cooked up some wonderful salmon on the grill. I've been wanting to try this freezable chocolate chip cookie recipe from this website called Freeze Happy. It makes a huge batch and we baked a few, then froze the rest for later. Grant was such a great helper and he especially loved to help by turning on the Kitchen Aid. We had lots of fun together and it will be even more fun when he's big enough to stand on a chair and help me.

he loved controlling the mixer...

...and pouring in the flour

of course you must clap for yourself when you are done...

...and give your mommy a big squeeze

Now heaven help me to stay out of the cookie dough - it's for cookie emergencies only!

5 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend! Oh and another album I just LOVE! Great work friend. What a special idea. I loved the pictures of cooking with Grant. He's getting so BIG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Larry scrapbook... how special.

    Also love the pictures of Grant cooking- what a great helper :) Deacon just stands there and eats the dough the entire time... like mother like son I guess, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could see the scrapbook in person {and been with you when you were working on it :( } - the pictures of it look great. And I just want to squeeze Granty! Such a big boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that mini album! And those chocolate chip cookies sound yummy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to hear how that recipe turned out. I just froze some of my favorite cookie dough in balls to bake later. But I ended up sneaking them one by one as cookiecicles, I have to say they were pretty hummy that way, but I did wonder how they would have worked out had they made it to the oven.

    ReplyDelete