4.03.2010

this & that


My mom flew out (3/19) to join me here the last week before Landon returned. I had been getting by okay alone (though I may or may not have wanted to run away screaming several times), but I was in heaven with her here to help. I like our military lifestyle, but I sure envy those that live near family.

Too bad this wasn't a relaxing break for my mom - - I put that poor woman to work. Actually, just one day was filled with the intense work of completing all my incomplete projects around the house, but everyday we had a little something to do.

Saturday: shopping
Sunday: church & we absolutely had to make some Bakerella cake pops


Monday: get Grant's hair cut
Tuesday: take boys to get pictures taken
Wednesday: Grant's birthday party
Thursday: work to the death - but now projects are done and house looks much better
Friday: a tiny bit more work, take Grandma to airport, & wait for Landon

Now Landon is home and I'm no longer out-numbered - in the evening anyway. But this mama is looking forward to a day off in a week when I go with friends on a whole-day craft/scrapbook day. That was a long five weeks - definitely need this.

2 comments:

  1. Owww......cake pops! Those are sooooo cute! I go to Bakerella's site all the time. I love everything she does.

    Can't wait to see the pictures you got of your boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well after my own personal cake pop disaster I know how difficult they are to make. Yours look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete