3.28.2010

fourth

Presenting the cutest little Mickey party at the park since I don't know when:

This year I did something a bit different - - we didn't have the party at our house and instead gathered with some moms at the park next to our base pool. It has a wonderful little playground and covered picnic tables.
On the menu: Mickey shaped chicken nuggets, pigs in a blanket, grapes, cheese, and crackers for the kids & a BBQ chicken salad for the moms. Then cupcakes of course (more on that in a bit).
I was quite thrilled when Grant was taking bites of this Oreo - the other moms thought it funny that I would cheer for my child eating an Oreo, but with Grant always being so picky and unwilling to try new things, I was quite giddy when he just picked it up and tried it! Though hopefully this doesn't turn into a major habit - Oreo addiction is a serious illness that runs in the family (primarily because of me...).

It was a lovely 4th birthday - practically perfect in every way.

6 comments:

  1. what an ADORABLE birthday! I am LOVING those cupcakes - they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. katie, those cupcakes are even cuter than i imagined! seriously, you did a great job. wish we could have been there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! MY! Love it all! The cupcakes look SOO yummy!

    And YAY Granty!! For turning FOUR {Oh my! I can hardly believe it!!} and for trying the oreo cookie! We miss you Buddy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you all had a wonderful day! The cupcakes look delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw! So cute friend! Great job on the cupcakes. You are always so creative;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun!?!?! It looks like Grant had a GREAT birthday! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete