7.05.2008

Happy Birthday America!


We had the ultimate relaxing day. Just hung out at home-did a little cleaning in the morning, watched a Law & Order marathon (they pull you in!), then Landon and Grant took naps after lunch while I worked on random projects and stuff. It's nice having these long weekends (it's a 4 day weekend for Landon!)




our perfect front row view of the fireworks show - fireworks go right over the water

silly boy

I love the 4th of July! You get to have a BBQ and watch light explosions in the sky - what's not to love? I especially love the 4th here because they put on fireworks show on the beach, and since we have a great view of the beach and the marina, we just go out in our front yard on a blanket and get an amazing view of the show. It's great that we don't have to drive anywhere or battle any crowds - and the weather outside in late afternoon/evening was perfect.





this is how Grant spent most of the time during the fireworks...I think a mixture of being a little scared and tired!

2 comments:

  1. I agree there is nothing like a fireworks show at the beach! Love the quilt! Did you make it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy! Wow, what a trip down memory lane! I'm so glad you found my comment on Brandalyn's blog, it's fun to catch up with long-lost friends! Your little boy is adorable, and it sure seems like you're doing well in So. Cal...I'm glad for you! Email me again, we'll stay in touch--we live in NM, but visit Phoenix often, and LOVE SD--if we're out again anytime soon, we'll have to visit!

    Love ya!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete